Brooklyn Criminal Defense Attorney - Brooklyn Criminal Lawyer

16 Court Street

Brooklyn, NY 11201


Brooklyn Criminal Defense Lawyer

Order or Protection Violation Charges

If you have been arrested for domestic violence in Brooklyn, you are under an Order of Protection issued by the Court. This document prevents you from having any contact with the prson named in the order, even if you are legally married to them. These order are very dangerous for the simple fact that the person named in the order can call the police at any time and claim that you violated the order. The result is a new set of criminal charges for contempt of court. These charges must be taken seriously because you are now accused of disobeying a court order.

Orders of Protection can last as long as the case is going on. For example the Temporary Orders of Protection that exists during an ongoing Criminal Case last only until the next court date. The judge then determines whether the temporary Order of Protection (TOP) should be reissued at each court date. At the conclusion of a New York Criminal Case a Judge may order an Order of Protection, which expires in a year to one that is a Permanent Order of Protection and never expires. All of this depends on the Criminal conviction and the potential future threat to the complaining witness. In NYC the Criminal Defense Lawyer does have the right to ask for a hearing to contest the Temporary Order of Protection. Depending on the facts that surround the case, it may present itself as a benefit to the Criminal case because the defense may get the opportunity to question prosecution witnesses before the trial and get to the bottom of the facts in the case.

It is important to have an experienced attorney by your side when facing these types of charges.The Law Offices of Michael S. Discioarro, LLC will defend you against these types of frivoulous charges with a full investigation, and if need be, will prepare for trial and prove these charges false. Contact the Law Offices of Michael S. Discioarro, LLC at 917-519-8417.